From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hostage, John
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] (Professor of law) as personal name qualifier

How is it confusing? The instruction applies to recording the profession or occupation as an element, i.e. in field 374.  The examples show the 100 field as a way of contrast and to show that you don’t have to use the same term.

When PS 9.19.1.6 refers to 9.16.1.3, it is also making this distinction: the latter is about recording the element, not the addition.

John Hostage

Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger

Langdell Hall 194

Harvard Law School Library