I’m always nervous when I see what looks like a mistake to me, twice, in two different records. Maybe I’m the one making the mistake?

I thought the MARC language code for works written in Haitian Creole was “hat”:

But I’ve now seen two different records (one of which is a pcc record) that use “cpf”:

Is this a mistake, am I mistaken about “hat”, or is this perhaps an artefact from a time before “Haitian French Creole” was established in the MARC code list for languages? Both of the records date from around the year 2000.

Thanks to anyone who has an answer.

Benjamin Abrahamse

Cataloging Coordinator

Acquisitions & Discovery Enhancement