I would view "hat" as a narrower language term that is appropriate for Haitian only materials.  To my way of thinking, "cpf" would be used for other, less wide-spread or lesser-recognized creoles derived from French.  (e.g., those in Africa or the South Pacific).

Haitian Creole is the official language of Haiti with French as the back-up.

Richard