As a tie-in to the annual AfroPunk Festival<http://afropunkfest.com/>, we're featuring rock-oriented releases including emerging Seattle artist Ayron Jones's Audio Paint Job, Benjamin Booker's socially conscious Witness, The Isley Brothers and Santana collaboration Power of Peace, the EP Over the Covers from Latin funk band Brownout, and Bloodlust from Ice T's heavy metal band Bodycount.
New jazz and R&B projects include Ronald Bruner Jr.'s Triumph (featuring his brothers Thundercat and Jameel Bruner), Splendid Things Gone Awry from the experimental jazz/hip hop/soul duo  Summer of '96 (Antman and Lonnee Stevens), Phil Perry's Breathless, and Billy Ocean's Here You Are, The Music of My Life.
This month's blues feature is the Sherman Holmes Project's The Richmond Sessions, the gospel feature is Sure. Focused. Centered from NextGeneration Choir (St. Louis Shalom Church City of Peace), and the rap feature is Chris Rivers' DeLorean.
World music releases include Transmisi�n en la Erit� Meta-the story of Afro-Cuban religious drums from ethnomusicologist Amanda Villepastour and Cuban producer Luis Bran, and the compilation Sly & Robbie present Taxi Gang in Disco Mix Style 1978-87.
Wrapping up this issue is our list of July 2017 Releases of Note.

Brenda Nelson-Strauss
Editor, Black Grooves
Archives of African American Music & Culture
Indiana University
2805 E. 10th Street, Suite 180
Bloomington, IN 47408
www.blackgrooves.org<http://www.blackgrooves.org>