On 2017-08-10 12:55 AM, Paul Stamler wrote:

> Tracing what became of the 1950s labels (and their master tapes) might
> make a nice article for the ARSC Journal.

And that brings to my mind, what happened to Musical Heritage Society? I
lost track of them when I left NYC in 1981 (if not before), but I
understand that they moved from their over-stuffed Broadway office to
some place in New Jersey. I have a bunch of their LPs. They offered an
interesting way to explore music at reduced cost. Of course you always
had to send that blasted coupon back every month or you got something
you didn't want!

My understanding was that many of their recordings were repurposed
European recordings. Were they guilty of changing the names of the
players/ensembles like some others?

Cheers,

Richard