____________________________________

I just received the e-newsletter from Marston Records and it included the
paragraph below. I find this disheartening. Though I have just a cursory
interest in classical and opera, Marston has always released quality products.
 And I know that there is a market for their music - and those buyers do
not do  "downloads".

Steve Ramm

WILL CDs BE A  THING OF THE PAST?

As time moves on, so does the  manner in which we receive our music. CDs
will probably become a thing of the  past. Marston,  according to some, is a
dinosaur, not noticing the changes that are happening  around it. However, we
view ourselves as a company that has learned from the  past: Only when
objects are able to be saved by those who love and collect  them in a physical
way, is there a chance of preservation. With rare  exception, it is not
manufacturers, educational institutions, or even  historical repositories that
have the world's rarest musical collections. It  is individuals who care and
collect, that supply us with our musical past. We  expect you are holding
onto a rare and desired collection of Marston  CDs at this  moment.