From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard L. Hess
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 8:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] classical music LPs to CDs

On 2017-08-10 12:55 AM, Paul Stamler wrote:

> Tracing what became of the 1950s labels (and their master tapes) might
> make a nice article for the ARSC Journal.

And that brings to my mind, what happened to Musical Heritage Society? I lost track of them when I left NYC in 1981 (if not before), but I understand that they moved from their over-stuffed Broadway office to some place in New Jersey. I have a bunch of their LPs. They offered an interesting way to explore music at reduced cost. Of course you always had to send that blasted coupon back every month or you got something you didn't want!

My understanding was that many of their recordings were repurposed European recordings. Were they guilty of changing the names of the players/ensembles like some others?

Cheers,

Richard