From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of 6295LARGE .
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 2:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Transferring LPs at 78 RPM

Hi Gary

I'm using a Stanton 500 on a Technics Quartz SL1200 MKII.
I'm recording it into a high quality Sound Blaster card using Sound Forge 9.
Then I reduce the pitch by 15 half-tones.
The file is then saved as an MP3.

I'm sure some loss is inherent but can the average ear(s) detect it?

Thank you.

Regards,
BR