My grandfather – born around 1900 – was a drummer and played with some of the big bands.  He might have been the first drummer recorded on a 78 record.
My father had a huge collection of 78’s including some my grandfather might have been on but the collection was lost.

We even found the attached picture but can’t identify much about other than my grandfather – Irving Rosenthal – is of course standing behind the drums.
And there are two members that look like the Lombardo’s – but never confirmed.

Can you help in any way figuring out any records he might have been on or the band in the picture.

My grandfather grew up in the Bronx. NY and moved to Yonkers, NY at some point. After he gave up his musical career he became a liquor salesman (before, during and after prohibition  😊 )
He actually started the liquor salesmen’s union in the area.

Any help is appreciated.

Robert M Rosenthal
Hartsdale, NY 10530
Cell 914 310 6056