From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lou Judson
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 1:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Transferring LPs at 78 RPM

Why would one do that? You lose the accurate RIAA (or other) curve, and probably damage both the groove and the stylus, plus losing the high frequencies... Don't do it! And with the ratio of 2.34 (...) would you get the pitch just right digitally?

I get paid by the hour, so I'd do it realtime. I transfer everything I do at realtime...

<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689