Hello,

Our institution has both the English and the French expressions of a
children's story.

The French expression (OCLC 905971503) has a legal deposit date and
copyright date both of 2014, and has a prominent statement of
responsibility for the translator. The English expression (OCLC 903423127)
has a copyright date of 2013 and an "English translation copyright" date of
2016, and has a colophon statement that it was originally published under
the French title. Library and Archives Canada has erroneously established
access points both for the English expression of the French work
<http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/canadiana-authorities/index/view?cdnAutNbr=1025B2116E>
and the French expression of the English work
<http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/canadiana-authorities/index/view?cdnAutNbr=1024D8591E>
.

There is an authority record
<http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2016002821.html> for the English
expression of the French work already established, but I assume it was
created with only the English volume in hand. Is this correct? How should a
work that is conceived and written in one language but first published in
another language be treated?

Thanks for your assistance.

--
Brian Stearns