For your information ... you may know a colleague in the field that would be interested

joanna

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Durocher, Michelle M. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear PCC colleagues,

The Harvard Library is looking for a collaborative leader to develop and contribute to a diverse metadata program focusing on incorporating emerging technologies, such as linked data, and experimenting with innovative approaches to creating discovery metadata. The incumbent will expand the range of options being employed to address library metadata needs by conceptualizing projects, developing project plans, identifying training for metadata staff to build the required skill set, developing solid working relationships and infrastructure plans with campus technology units, and participating in forward-looking collaborative projects with our peer institutions (e.g. the Linked Data for Libraries project, PCC ISNI Pilot, etc.)  The incumbent will play a key role in furthering the success of the libraries’ digital presence by enhancing resource discovery on the open web and improving access to collections.

The full position description and application process can be accessed on Harvard’s employment site with Req. # 43150BR.

I would be happy to discuss the position with any interested colleagues!

All best,

Michelle

Michelle M. Durocher

Head, Metadata Management for the Harvard Library

Information & Technical Services

Harvard University

625 Massachusetts Avenue

Cambridge, MA  02139  USA