I would put it in PQ5971. They speak Italian in San Marino.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Adam L. Schiff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I’ve got a literary author (Ercolani, Milena, 1963- ) from the Republic of San Marino and am having trouble deciding whether to class her in PQ4865 (Italian literature - Individual authors, 1961-2000) or in PQ5971.9 (Italian literature outside of Italy - Other European countries - Individual authors).  San Marino is a tiny enclave surrounded by Italy, so it is a separate country, but its culture as I understand it is very much Italian.  I’m not sure which option above is preferable.  Suggestions/advice?

Adam

Adam L. Schiff

Principal Cataloger

University of Washington Libraries