From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adam L. Schiff
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Seven Slade

Grey, Kendall is already set up.  It just needs to be linked to the other pseudonym via reciprocal 500s.  The LC/PCC guidelines at http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/pseud.pdf<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.loc.gov_catdir_cpso_pseud.pdf&d=DwMFAg&c=mRWFL96tuqj9V0Jjj4h40ddo0XsmttALwKjAEOCyUjY&r=aK1gvC3Rf2oDooDSUQaPt6UiEGTPgQpU6cj8WbFFaiI&m=2nFoL92SEx9rDF0p-2SXJEhofr8u3NRYApbN3zSv48U&s=oyfE7ppdAU0-Xh5tDrMHurzDhs8zmN0z3To4wcX3YIY&e=>, category A1.3 cover this situation.   It does indeed look like a call number adjustment may be needed, as Kendall Grey appears to be the most commonly used form:

Q2. A2. Choose as the basic heading the predominant (most commonly found) form of name. If it is not possible to determine a predominant form choose the real name as the basic heading.

Q9. A9. Consult LC's Classification and Shelflisting Manual, Section F632 for guidance. A quick response to this question is that Paragraph 1.d in Section F632 states: "... Class works by or about an author who writes under several pseudonyms in the single number that has been established for that author, regardless of the name under which the work being cataloged has been entered." Paragraph 6 Adding literary author numbers to name authority records provides the following guidance: "... For authors who write literary works under more than one name and who have authority records for each name, a 053 field is added to each record. ..." If an author uses a pseudonym for non-literary works LCC (053) numbers are not added to the NAR for that pseudonym.

Adam Schiff
University of Washington Libraries