Well, it validated with subfield $w of r alone, which is what I originally used, but not subfield $w rnnc.  So I will change the coding.  I have not updated the records yet, since I am still waiting for a response from LC on the class number.  When you are essentially a one-man cataloging department, including training of catalogers in other libraries, you are not always au-courant on everything.  So I appreciate the corrections.

Also, it is not until you get to the examples in the FAQ on pseudonyms that you are informed specifically about the differences in coding.  I would be helpful to have this come up sooner in the documentation.

Again, many thanks to everyone who helped me with this.

Michael S. Borries

Cataloger, City University of New York

151 East 25th Street, 5th Floor

New York, NY  10010