From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Finnerty, Ryan
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Revised version of the Provider-Neutral Guidelines posted

A revised version of the Provider-Neutral E-Resource MARC Record Guide: P-N/RDA Version was posted to the PCC website earlier today. The document was revised by the PCC Standing Committee on Standards (along with Becky Culbertson) and is now dated August 15, 2017.

The document can be found on this webpage:
https://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/scs/documents/PCC-PN-guidelines.html

Here is a general overview of the changes:

*         Revised the introduction to make it clearer that only identical manifestations from different online providers should be brought together onto one record.

*         Brought all terminology into line with the current version of RDA.

*         Harmonized instructions with the latest versions of the BSR/CSR.

*         010 field: added reminder not to include print LCCNs.

*         040 field: added statement that use of $e pn is now allowed.

*         1XX/7XX fields: added reminder to include relationship designators for creators.

*         264 field: removed the Core If requirements for distribution and manufacture statements.

*         300 field: revised to encourage use of "1 online resource" in subfield $a for serials.

*         588 field: added the option to use indicators 0 or 1 for non-CONSER records.

*         700-751 fields: added statement encouraging the use of relationship designators.

PCC webpages with links to this document have been updated, however, please let us know if we missed any.

Thanks!

Ryan J. Finnerty | Head, Database and Authorities Management & NACO Coordinator
UC San Diego Library | 9500 Gilman Drive | La Jolla, CA 92093 | MC 0175-K
T: 858.822.3138 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>