This seems to be my week for finding duplicates.  NAR n  50027953 is for Jackson, Tom, no dates, but still unique.  NAR nb2011032496 is for Jackson, Tom, 1932-.  These individuals are the same person, having written the same book, with a different title in Britain.  There seem to be a great many records with the heading Jackson, Tom [no dates], but some of these seem not to be the Tom Jackson who writes books on how to get a job.  But there seem to be far fewer records with the heading that includes the date.  Still, because there are bib records which have headings with no date for a different Tom Jackson, I think it would be better to use the heading with the date as the authorized form, even though the form without the date was established earlier.  What is the opinion of this forum?

Michael S. Borries

Cataloger, City University of New York

151 East 25th Street, 5th Floor

New York, NY  10010