Hello,

Interesting topic, we may want to attend.

Camille

From: Project Management Institute Washington DC Chapter [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Project Management Institute Washington DC Chapter
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 7:54 AM
To: Hordatt, Camille
Subject: 5 Myths Killing Agile in Government | PM in the AM (PMIWDC)

September PM in the AM Event

5 Myths Killing Agile in Government

Friday, September 29

7:30am - 9:30am

Clydes - Gallery Place

707 7th Street, NW

Washington, District Of Columbia 20001

featuring

Dr. Patrick McConnell

Agile Coach & Trainer

CSRA Agile Center of Excellence

Over the last 5 years, Agile approaches have seen widespread adoption across the US Federal Government. Where real commitment is given to proven Agile frameworks and techniques, programs do see significant improvement in value delivery and speed. But unfortunately often, ‘Agile’ nomenclature is used while perpetuating behaviors that make real improvement impossible and may actually make the lived experience worse for participants or stakeholders.

And where Agile approaches fail, they add to a narrative that real methods won’t work in this environment. Many of the anti-patterns I’ve seen working as a Coach in the Public Sector are rooted in decisionmakers clinging to 5 myths about Agile in Government. This talk will explore these 5 myths, and some approaches for dealing with them.

About the Speaker

Dr. Patrick McConnell

Agile Coach & Trainer

CSRA Agile Center of Excellence

Dr. McConnell serves as an Agile Coach and Trainer on efforts across CSRA’s public sector portfolio. He has coached Agile transition and improvement initiatives ranging from single teams to large, scaled programs serving missions within EPA, NASA, SSA, DHS, DOJ, DOD, the Intelligence Community, and several State governments.

Dr. McConnell also directs the CSRA Agile Center of Excellence, a cross-functional organization within CSRA that supports programs in adopting Agile frameworks and practices, initiating Agile teams, and improving ongoing Agile execution in collaboration with customers across our entire public sector portfolio.

Featured Upcoming Event

Saturday, October 14, 2017

The classes are intended to help participants prepare for the PMP exam, and are taught by certified Project Management Professionals, who have years of practical project management experience.

Upcoming Events

Monday, September 18, 2017

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Monday, September 25, 2017

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Friday, September 29, 2017

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Project Management Institute Washington DC Chapter | 400 N Washington St., Ste 300, Alexandria, VA 22314