Hi Mark,

For years, my mantra was: "If it ain't 206, check it." Then, I came
across some Scotch 206 (1.5Mil) with SSS and my confidence was shaken.
However, Scotch 206 & 207 still remain to be the most stable of the
back-coated PET tapes. At least, here on the left coast. Shai Drori's
experience in Israel has been much different, with 206 having nothing
but problems (and with a very similar climate!). So, my recommendation
is: Check it! Carefully un-spool the reel and look for signs of SSS. If
none are found, play a segment or two for about 30 seconds and if the
transport looks clean, you should be good to go. I know this sounds
labor intensive (and it is) but: No pain, no gain.

 From the "Bake it as a last resort" guy,

Corey

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
www.baileyzone.net