I read the article (the URL below doesn’t work), and there are many 78’s going back to (it sez here) 1898. The positive aspect of the project is that the transfers will not be restored or enhanced, meaning that people like me will have a chance to try to restore these ourselves. I must say that whoever wrote the article doesn’t have much of a clue about recordings. More disturbingly, the musical taste of the project leader is rather awful. For the first two samples of the project, they’ve done a hillbilly piece of crap (I hate “country” music), and the Grieg Piano Concerto performed by Freddy Martin and his orchestra!!!! Hmmm... On second thought, I prefer the hillbilly selection.

azs