From:  Dave Cawley
Timestep Dartmouth UK
e-mail [log in to unmask]

Web site www.78-rpm.com

AES profile www.aes.org/aes/davecawley

AES New York 2017 : Archiving and Restoration

As some of you may know New York will host one of the biggest audio conferences and exhibitions in 2 weeks' time.  Archivists will be pleased to know there is a dedicated archival stream with 13 sessions with nearly 40 speakers, you can see the archiving sessions by clicking on the link below

http://www.aes.org/events/143/archiving/?displayall

The AES exhibition is simply huge with 257 exhibitors.  All aspects of audio and recording are represented, right from microphones with sometimes amazing $10K mono microphone preamplifiers, to massive mixing desks the size of the ground floor of my house !

Of course with 284 sessions and 693 speakers there is something for everybody, and I found it a massive education on my first visit. You can see all the sessions/talks by clicking on the link below

http://www.aes.org/events/143/calendar/calendar.cfm

Those that attended the most excellent ARSC Conference & Exhibition at San Antonio earlier this year, may remember that I chaired the Technical Session and at AES I am jointly presenting in a groovy session on archiving, see more by clicking on the link below ?

http://www.aes.org/events/143/archiving/?ID=5741

I hope to meet many old friends and make many new friends in a couple of weeks, see you there ?

Regards  Dave