Hi Everyone -

The staff of the Department of the Interior Library is pleased to announce that its newly renovated space has been reopened. The Library had been closed for three and a half years while the modernization of wing 1 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building in Washington, DC was underway.

The newly modernized Library features a renovated Reading Room restored to the same grand appearance it had when the building first opened in 1937, and ​over 23,000 linear feet of movable compact shelving on two reconstructed basement floors and on the main level. A ​meeting ​room on the main level has also been added. Books and other Library materials have been returned from offsite storage and are ​ready for use once again by the Library's patrons.

We invite you to come visit the Library, enjoy our renovated Reading Room and explore our newly added features. The Library is located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 (just off the C Street lobby entrance) in Washington, DC.  The Library is open Monday through Friday (except federal holidays) from 7:45 am to 5:00 pm.

For more information about the Department of the Interior Library and Library services available to patrons, please call the Library's Reference Desk at (202) 208-5815, contact us via e-mail at [log in to unmask] or visit the Library's website at: http://www.doi.gov/library.

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]" target="_blank" style="box-sizing:border-box;background-image:initial;background-position:initial;background-size:initial;background-repeat:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:rgb(204,204,204);text-decoration-line:none;outline:-webkit-focus-ring-color auto 5px;font-family:"Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif">[log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796
Fax: (202) 208-6773
Library URL: http://www.doi.gov/library
OFAS URL: http://www.doi.gov/ofas