Hi Michele,

Thank you for your question. I too am baffled by "linked Data" in general,
and what is required of our repository metadata. I don't know if we are on
the right track, but the best documentation on Linked Data compliance (or
maybe I should have said DLF/Aquifer requirements with linked data elements)
that I could find after a lengthy search, was this from Dartmouth:
https://www.dartmouth.edu/~library/catmet/metadata_nonmarc/mods_docs/#top

Even Princeton seem to be expressing the authority used, but without the URI
(e.g.
http://library.princeton.edu/departments/tsd/metadoc/mods/subject.html) , so
I am not sure what constitutes "Linked Data" then.

It would really help to know what others are doing as we seem to be in the
dark mostly.

Regards,

Wynand van der Walt | Head Librarian: Technical Services | RU Library
Services

Rhodes University - P O Box 184 - Grahamstown - 6140|TEL: +27(0)46 603 8281|

 <http://www.ru.ac.za/library/>

 <https://www.facebook.com/RhodesUniversityLibrary>
<https://twitter.com/RhodesLibrary>