From: Metadata Object Description Schema List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wynand Van Der Walt
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 1:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MODS] Request for assistance - MODS Linked Data

Hi,

Rhodes University (within the SEALS Consortium environment in South Africa) is working towards ensuring that the metadata created for digital objects adhere to requirements for Linked Data. Using XML Notepad 2007 to create the records, I receive the following error which I don’t know how to correct. Any suggestions would be most welcome – see attached for full record).  XML Notepad indicates that the “Authority attribute is not declared” yet I have added the information.:

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Any assistance and/or recommendations would be appreciated.

Regards,

Wynand van der Walt | Head Librarian: Technical Services | RU Library Services
Rhodes University - P O Box 184 – Grahamstown - 6140|TEL: +27(0)46 603 8281|
[crestWl-vip]<http://www.ru.ac.za/library/>
[cid:[log in to unmask]]<https://www.facebook.com/RhodesUniversityLibrary>[cid:[log in to unmask]]<https://twitter.com/RhodesLibrary>