Recently, I was asked to give workshops on LC faceted vocabularies at the OLAC and California Library Association (CLA) conferences.  The OLAC workshop was just a two-hour session, while the CLA workshop was a full-day preconference.  I've posted the slides and other materials for both of these workshops on my web page at http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff  (the links are at the bottom of that web page).  Both workshops focus on assigning LCGFT and LCDGT, with some coverage of other facets.  I'm happy to have anyone interested in using them for training take them and use as is or modify them to your needs, and I am particularly hopeful that they encourage more catalogers to implement fields 385 and 386 for audience and creator/contributor characteristics.

Here are direct links:

Applying Library of Congress Faceted Vocabularies (OLAC 2017 Conference Workshop)
  PowerPoint slides: http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff/OLAC2017-ApplyingLCFacetedVocab.pptx
  Handout (PDF): http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff/OLAC2017-ApplyingLCFacetedVocab-Handout.pdf
  Slides with instructor notes (PDF): http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff/OLAC2017-ApplyingLCFacetedVocab-Notes.pdf
  Exercises (PDF): http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff/OLAC2017-ApplyingLCFacetedVocab-Exercises.pdf
  Exercise Answers (PDF): http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff/OLAC2017-ApplyingLCFacetedVocab-Exercise%20Answers.pdf

The New World of Genre/Form and Demographic Group Terms (California Library Association 2017 Preconference)
  PowerPoint slides: http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff/CLA%20Preconference-LCGFT%20and%20LCDGT.pptx
  Handout (PDF): http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff/CLA%20Preconference-LCGFT%20and%20LCDGT-Handout.pdf
  Slides with instructor note (PDF): http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff/CLA%20Preconference-LCGFT%20and%20LCDGT-Instructor-Notes.pdf
  Exercises (PDF): http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff/CLA%20Preconference-LCGFT%20and%20LCDGT-Exercises.pdf
  Exercise Answers (PDF): http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff/CLA%20Preconference-LCGFT%20and%20LCDGT-Exercise%20Answers.pdf
  Exercises are used with PDFs of the complete lists of LCGFT terms<https://www.loc.gov/aba/publications/FreeLCGFT/GENRE.pdf> and LCDGT terms<https://www.loc.gov/aba/publications/FreeLCDGT/DEMOGRAPHIC.pdf> that are available on the LCGFT and LCDGT websites at LC

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries
Cataloging & Metadata Services