  Dear Tasha,

 Does your organization want free assistance with your information
challenges? Consider participating in the University of Michigan School of
Informationšs annual Alternative Spring Break program. Becoming a host
organization is easy and could aid the capacity-building efforts for your
organization.

 WHO: UMSI undergraduate and graduate students who would love to assist your
organization during this week-long program.

 WHAT: Amplify the work you do through our annual service program. Our
students bring with them the very latest tools in information management,
web design and development, as well as organizational, communication and
technical skills - not to mention a high level of energy! They are seeking
challenging, professional-level projects. In the past, students have worked
to organize and analyze information systems, assess, update and redesign
websites and internet tools, perform research and analysis on information
policy topics, develop and implement social media solutions, establish and
maintain internal library systems or archival collections among many other
projects!

 View a list of projects offered during ASB 2017.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cRMYquZE2FDOryMhQZxoavt70c9BBkace7f85fh
xshc/edit?usp=sharing>

 WHEN: Monday, Feb. 26 through Friday, March 2, 2018.

 WHERE: We partner with nonprofit, cultural, government and educational
institutions in Washington D.C. and Detroit. Students will travel to you!

 HOW: Host organizations submit projects related to the areas that are being
studied at UMSI. Often, these projects are technology or information
management-related work that staff members don't have the time, knowledge,
or resources to complete. Ideal projects include archives and records
management, usability and websites, social media tools development,
information policy research and analysis, data/information analysis and
retrieval, and other information management issues.

 COST: Free for host organizations. All of our students' expenses are fully
funded.

 Here's what past participating organizations have said:

 "All SI students I've met have been amazing: they not only are smart but
their ethic of work and professional approaches are impeccable."

 "We find that each student we've hosted has brought a new wealth of
information. They are always great to work with and really inject life into
our work."

 To learn more about participating as a host organization, contact Alissa
Talley-Pixley at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask], at (734)
764-1865 or by visiting our website
<https://www.si.umich.edu/programs/professional-and-community-engagement> .
You can also start your application
<https://umich.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cZprfEwOfsgy9pP>  now.

 Also, feel free to share this opportunity by forwarding this message to any
nonprofit, educational, governmental, or cultural organizations that might
be interested in participating. I look forward to hearing from you!

 Sincerely,
 Alissa
 Alissa Talley-Pixley
 Assistant Director, Office of Professional and Community Engagement
 University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI)
 UMSI Engagement Center | 777 N. University Ave., Suite 200
 [log in to unmask] | 734-764-1865 | http://www.si.umich.edu
<http://www.si.umich.edu/>