[log in to unmask]" alt="Description: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/f16cf6ad203974682cc873f13/images/6c4b1c0f-f8da-4646-b198-75318dd586bd.jpg">

Dear Tasha,

Does your organization want free assistance with your information challenges? Consider participating in the University of Michigan School of Informationšs annual Alternative Spring Break program. Becoming a host organization is easy and could aid the capacity-building efforts for your organization.

WHO: UMSI undergraduate and graduate students who would love to assist your organization during this week-long program.

WHAT: Amplify the work you do through our annual service program. Our students bring with them the very latest tools in information management, web design and development, as well as organizational, communication and technical skills - not to mention a high level of energy! They are seeking challenging, professional-level projects. In the past, students have worked to organize and analyze information systems, assess, update and redesign websites and internet tools, perform research and analysis on information policy topics, develop and implement social media solutions, establish and maintain internal library systems or archival collections among many other projects!

View a list of projects offered during ASB 2017.

WHEN: Monday, Feb. 26 through Friday, March 2, 2018.

WHERE: We partner with nonprofit, cultural, government and educational institutions in Washington D.C. and Detroit. Students will travel to you!

HOW: Host organizations submit projects related to the areas that are being studied at UMSI. Often, these projects are technology or information management-related work that staff members don't have the time, knowledge, or resources to complete. Ideal projects include archives and records management, usability and websites, social media tools development, information policy research and analysis, data/information analysis and retrieval, and other information management issues.

COST: Free for host organizations. All of our students' expenses are fully funded.

Here's what past participating organizations have said:

"All SI students I've met have been amazing: they not only are smart but their ethic of work and professional approaches are impeccable."

"We find that each student we've hosted has brought a new wealth of information. They are always great to work with and really inject life into our work."

To learn more about participating as a host organization, contact Alissa Talley-Pixley at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask], at (734) 764-1865 or by visiting our website. You can also start your application now.

Also, feel free to share this opportunity by forwarding this message to any nonprofit, educational, governmental, or cultural organizations that might be interested in participating. I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
Alissa
Alissa Talley-Pixley
Assistant Director, Office of Professional and Community Engagement
University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI)
UMSI Engagement Center | 777 N. University Ave., Suite 200
[log in to unmask] | 734-764-1865 | http://www.si.umich.edu