I’m only the messenger, please direct any questions to: VHA Nationwide DEU phone: (844) 456-5208 Email: [log in to unmask]

Librarian

Department of Veterans Affairs

Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration

Overview

Open & closing dates

11/27/2017 to 12/01/2017

Salary

$49,765 to $86,208 per year

Pay scale & grade

GS 9 - 11

Work schedule

Full-Time

Appointment type

Permanent

Location

2 vacancies in the following locations:

Boston, MA

Togus, ME

Relocation expenses reimbursed

No

Duties

Summary

OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise: "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.

The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.

The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE"). America's Veterans need you!

Responsibilities

These positions involve a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-11. At the GS-09 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-11. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.

These positions, located within the VA New England Health Care System's Library Services/Knowledge & Information Service (VISN1), serve as librarians who teach information literacy skills, and provide clinical decision and research support. The librarians support staff through various activities such as: information retrieval or literature searching for clinical teams, attending morning report, rounding with trainees/staff and presenting at hospital meetings teaching clinicians in small and large groups. There are 2 positions - 1 position in Togus, Maine and 1 position in Boston, Massachusetts.

Additional duties include but not limited to:

Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Locations: 1 position - Togus, Maine; 1 position - Boston, Massachusetts
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required

Travel Required

Not required

Supervisory status

No

Promotion Potential

11

Who May Apply

This job is open to…

United States Citizens

Robyn D. Washington

Library Technician

Interlibrary Loan Email: [log in to unmask]

Department of Veterans Affairs

Headquarters Library (10P2C2)

Washington, D.C.  20420

(202) 461-7576