Hi,

The following are the direct links to USGS News and other sources that may be useful for library inquiries :

USGS Featured Stories : https://www.usgs.gov/news/featured-stories
Example:
Geologic Groundwork-How USGS Coal Assessments Assist EIA's Coal Forecasts
https://www.usgs.gov/news/geologic-groundwork-how-usgs-coal-assessments-assist-eias-coal-forecasts

USGS Technical News Releases: https://www.usgs.gov/news/technical-announcements
Example:
New Database available: USGS Releases "Species of Greatest Conservation Need” Lists
https://www.usgs.gov/news/new-database-available-usgs-releases-species-greatest-conservation-need-lists

USGS National News Releases: https://www.usgs.gov/news/news-releases
Example:
New Tool Allows Users to Explore Mountains Worldwide
https://www.usgs.gov/news/new-tool-allows-users-explore-mountains-worldwide

Please note - each U.S. State and U.S. Territory can be searched by selecting the appropriate filter from the drop-down menu from the link above or this link : https://www.usgs.gov/news/news-releases/state

Most library users are often also looking for these geoscience news sources :

USGS GeoHealth Newsletter : https://www2.usgs.gov/envirohealth/geohealth/index.html
Example:
USGS Online Mapper Provides a Decadal Look at Groundwater Quality
https://www2.usgs.gov/envirohealth/geohealth/articles/2016-12-12-gw_online_mapper.html

Geological Society of America's (GSA's) GSA Today (open access) : http://geosociety.org/GSA/Publications/GSA_Today/GSA/GSAToday/home.aspx?hkey=8de71aaf-59a9-43c9-a8ba-cd57f97c274f
Example:
Is the coast toast? Exploring Cascadia earthquake probabilities
http://geosociety.org/gsatoday/groundwork/G350GW/article.htm

American Geophysical Union's (AGU) EOS (open access) : https://eos.org/
Example:
New Online Tool Teaches Students About the Energy-Water Nexus
https://eos.org/project-updates/new-online-tool-teaches-students-about-the-energy-water-nexus

American Geosciences Institute, Policy & Critical Issues : https://www.americangeosciences.org/policy-critical-issues
Example:
Critical Issues Webinar : Building the Modern World: Geoscience that Underlies our Economic Prosperity
https://www.americangeosciences.org/policy-critical-issues/webinars/building-modern-world

Let me know if you seek additional information...

Enjoy the day,
Emily

Emily C. Wild
Librarian (Physical Scientist)