The NFAIS conference in Alexandria, VA, is coming up Feb 28-Mar 2.

FEDLINK members get an early bird rate of $610.

http://www.nfais.org/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=72&eventId=537565

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 8:04 AM
To: James, Jill - ARS
Subject: NFAIS 2018 Annual Conference happens in 85 days!

Save the date and register by January 16th for the Early Bird rate!

It's all about transformation!

Dynamic changes in information and publishing technologies have altered how researchers consume, exchange, interact with, and disseminate their scholarly and research communications.

The growth and breadth of new Open ideologies and policies spawned a movement among private foundations to support more global and collaborative research in science and the humanities. We are experiencing a shift away from the traditional infrastructure toward collaborative start-ups, innovative technologies and tools, and increased open dialog among the larger community comprising entrepreneurs, funders, governments, libraries, publishers, researchers, scholars, technologists, and the public who collectively will leave footprints on the global scholarship of our future.  Their intrinsic diverging views will develop diverging paths toward the ultimate goal of improved communications.

For its 60th annual conference, NFAIS brings together individuals representative of those diverging views to examine where we've been, the forces that might impact our next directions, who the players are now and who might they be in the future. As an end point to our discussions, we will collaborate to envision a future where researchers and scholars gain value from the support provided by each community player to realize an Information Transformation: Open. Global. Collaborative.

Registration is open! Note that our Early Bird rate closes on January 16, 2018Here's a tip - register now and request an invoice to pay early next year. Just commit today and pay in January! The Hilton Alexandria Old Town, our conference hotel, also offers special discounted rates through February 7, 2018 - but room inventory is limited, so register early and mention NFAIS!

Click here for the conference program and other information. See you in Alexandria!

NFAIS is grateful for the support of our sponsors. For information on becoming a sponsor of the NFAIS 2018 Annual Conference, click here to view our 2018 Sponsor Prospectus.

Follow NFAIS:

For more information:
Contact: Nancy Blair-DeLeon, Director of Professional Development
Phone: 443-221-2980 x102
Email: [log in to unmask]

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask]

National Federation of Advanced Information Services 801 Compass Way, Suite 201, Annapolis, Maryland 21401, United States

Unsubscribe or Manage Preferences   Forward to a Friend   Privacy Policy