Please excuse cross-posting…

We will soon be hiring for multiple positions at the California State Library! Right now we have openings for a Federal Documents Librarian and a Federal Documents Senior Librarian in the Government Publications Section. Additional job opportunities are anticipated very soon.

Because the California State Library is part of the merit-based California civil service selection system, there are two phases to employment: exams and hiring.

First, take the online examination (available 24/7) for the series level that interests you:

Library Technical Assistant I & II Exam

Librarian Exam

Senior Librarian Exam

Supervising Librarian I & II Exam

Principal Librarian Exam

Successful exam candidates are determined eligible and placed on an employment list divided into ranks by score. Candidates in the top three ranks are immediately eligible for appointment and can apply for job openings in the classification for which they tested. The next step, when the positions become available, is for candidates in the top three ranks to start applying for jobs.

Take those exams today so you’ll be ready to apply. The California State Library enriches lives and connects people, libraries and government to information and resources. It’s an exciting place to work. The City of Sacramento is a great place to be. And, the State of California offers a comprehensive benefits package. Join us!

Rebecca L. Wendt

Chief, State Library Services Bureau

California State Library

900 N Street