Thank you, Kevin and Bob, for those very enlightening answers.  I knew
of course that the AAP for a work represents all expressions of that
work, and I can see why it is critical in subject searching to have the
other-language variants of the work title in the work record, but I
guess I haven't encountered this before in anything besides musical works.

I was wondering why there were no authority records for language
expressions of Da xue, but it occurs to me now that if the
other-language variant access point is already in the work record, maybe
there's no need to create an authority record for the expression even if
you use the expression access point in a bib record.

Is that correct? If I get an English-language expression of Zhong yong,
and the title on the manifestation is "The constant mean," I should add
<430 _0 Constant mean> to the work record and put <130 _0 Zhong yong. $l
English. $f 2017> in the bib record, and not create an expression-level
authority record for the new English-language expression with a SEE
reference from "Constant mean"?  Or establishing the language expression
in LC/NAF is optional?

I ask because establishing the language expression seems to have been
carefully avoided over many years in the case of Da xue.  I don't think
there's any problem having two records with same 430 as far as the NACO
file comparison rules are concerned, but is there something somewhere
else that instructs not to create an expression-level record with a SEE
reference that matches one in that expression's work record?

Thank you again!
Mike

Michael A. Chopey
Catalog Librarian