A fair assessment, I think, of Clarke. I certainly grew up reading him, and
Dennis's choice of examples is excellent. I probably haven't read the "Nine
Billion Names of God' in 60 years but I remember the last line with
clarity. Clarke's prose could range towards pedestrian, but the concepts oh
my!

charley

--
Charley