Dear Cate,

Coya was a Minnesota DFL congresswoman who was a protégée of both Hubert
Humphrey and Orville Freeman. I don't personally recall her singing or
playing the accordion; however, she attracted local TV news attention,
particularly when her husband publicly pleased with her to "Come home,
Coya", which engendered no little hilarity in the Gopher State.

If you can trace the archives of WCCO and KSTP television news, there
should be something retrievable.The Minnesota DFL may also have some
material in its archives.

Good luck with your research.

DDR

--