The United States Military Academy Library has posted a recruitment for our
Associate Director for User Services on USAJOBS.

Supervisory Librarian, GS-1410-12 ($84,035 - $109,245)

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489149200
(Federal employees, Veterans, Military Spouses)

Open & closing dates: 23 January 2018 - 5 February 2018

Our Associate Director for User Services leads our team of professionals and
paraprofessionals alongside our Associate Director for Curricular Engagement
to design and deliver innovative services for cadets, faculty, and staff at
the U.S. Military Academy. Areas of responsibility include research
assistance (in-person and online), circulation of materials, interlibrary
loan, facility security, and collection maintenance. They participate on the
Library leadership team and help develop and implement strategic initiatives
at one of the nation's top academic libraries as ranked by The Princeton
Review.
(https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings?rankings=best-college-libr
ary).

Located in the scenic Hudson River valley, only 50 miles from New York City,
the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution,
a nationally-renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied
military post in America. The undergraduates, known as cadets, are
commissioned as officers in the US Army upon graduation. You can watch them
on parade or competing as intercollegiate athletes in a wide range of sports
events. As a military installation, West Point is a small, self-contained
city with housing for the military stationed here in support of the Academy,
a Department of Public Works to maintain the roads, grounds and facilities,
library, a military hospital, fire department, chapels, restaurants. West
Point's 3,000 civilian employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theater, the
Hudson Valley's premiere performing arts center, and to recreational
facilities such as an 18-hole Golf Course and Ski Slope.

(Any U.S. citizen may also apply for this position here:
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488911200)

Mr. Christopher D. Barth
Librarian and Associate Dean
United States Military Academy Library
West Point, NY 10996
845.938.3833 office | 845.649.9557 mobile | 688.3833 dsn