From: DeLoatch, Ivan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:34 PM
To: FGDC Steering Committee <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NGAC Paper -- Geospatial Information: The Key to Smart Infrastructure Investments

The attachment as well.  Sorry for the omission. Thanks

Ivan B. DeLoatch, Executive Director

Federal Geographic Data Committee

U.S. Geological Survey

U.S.Department of the Interior

703-648-5752

FGDC.GOV

 FEDERAL GEOGRAPHIC DATA COMMITTEE

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 2:16 PM, DeLoatch, Ivan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

FGDC and NGAC Colleagues,

Attached below is a copy of the new paper by the National Geospatial Advisory Committee, "Geospatial Information: The Key to Smart Infrastructure Investments."  The paper is also posted at:
https://www.fgdc.gov/ngac/meetings/dec-2017/ngac-paper-geospatial-information-for-infrastructure.pdf.  The paper, which was adopted by the NGAC in December, was developed in response to the 2017 FGDC guidance to the NGAC.

The paper has been written for a non-technical audience, and communicates the value and benefits of geospatial technology to support infrastructure investments in a brief and high-level format.  The paper describes how geospatial technology, tools, and information are powerful decision support components that can help drive smart decision-making on infrastructure priorities and investments.  We believe the paper is very timely, and will be helpful in supporting national infrastructure initiatives and priorities. In addition, the action items in the paper align very closely with the priorities identified in the NSDI Strategic Framework.

Many thanks to the NGAC subcommittee that developed the paper - Cy Smith (chair), Keith Masback (vice-chair), Talbot Brooks, Pat Cummens, Xavier Irias, Roger Mitchell, Carl Reed, and Amber Reynolds.

We encourage you to share the paper with appropriate colleagues within your organizations and communities.  We look forward to working with you to further promote the utilization of geospatial information and technology in national infrastructure initiatives.

Regards,