Wow, Pete. That's quite a switcheroo from the more common sin of plagiarism
... to put quotes around a made-up narrative, as opposed to putting no
quotes around a genuine narrative. I have never seen this phenomenon. One
is called plagiarism. I wonder what the other one is called. "Putting words
in someone's mouth"?

--
Ann Heinrichs
Metadata/Cataloging Librarian