Hello,

Refusing to include terms describing sex offenders or adulterers or anti-Semites in an NAR is also a political and moral act, it’s just one that supports the subject of the NAR (frequently a person with power) by refusing to document their actions and that portion of their identity. If we’re providing brief biographies (and I think at this point it’s safe to say we are), why are we restricted to only positive descriptors or achievements (provided it’s cited from a reliable source and 670, etc.)?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Eric Willey (pronouns: he/him/his)

309-438-7447

Special Collections and Formats Cataloger

Milner Library

Illinois State University

Normal, IL 61761