I think the proper question is not what entity is the president the chief executive of, but what is the correct relationship to the AAP for the term of office.  I don’t want to add dozens of see-also references from “United States” for all the various presidents to the file any more than I want to see all the see-also references from names of universities to their employees.  They are already adding a lot of clutter to the file.  Yes, I know the gospel of linked data and how that’s going to let people do all kinds of amazing things any day now, but it doesn’t seem very efficient for us to try to replicate everything in Wikidata using the MARC format, especially not with *access points*.

John Hostage

Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger

Langdell Hall 194

Harvard Law School Library