How about “was?”

Pete Wilson

Vanderbilt University

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert Maxwell
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Chief executives

“Chief executive of” was an unfortunate replacement in the 2016 update for an earlier relationship designator “Incumbent”, which was used in this sort of situation and actually made a sort of sense (as “incumbent of”). As has been pointed out, the current RD doesn’t work; but there isn’t any longer an appropriate RD for an AAP such as “United States.  President (2009-2017 : Obama)”.

Robert L. Maxwell
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602