Happy friday everyone

I have a question about birth dates.
I just had a discussion with someone who suggested that new AAPs were required to have a birth day (year) in the 100 $a Surname, name, $d 2018-

For the creation of AAPs..

RDA 9.19.1.3 states: Include a date of birth (see 9.3.2) and/or a date of death (see 9.3.3) if needed to distinguish one authorized access point from another. Record the year alone.

LC-PCC PS for 9.19.1.3 presents an optional addition:

LC practice/PCC practice for Optional addition: Add a date of birth and/or date of death to new authority records, even if not needed to distinguish between access points.
I was taught by my trainer not to add qualifying information to AAPs unless needed - but that it is generally good practice to add 046s if that information is available.
::::

This practice of adding birth dates to AAPs is optional, correct?
If it is not, why does the PS say it is for optional addition?

Also, If I did add a date to 046 $f ____-__-__ $2 edtf, am I also required to add that date to the heading? If so, where does it say it is required?

Are the NACO contributors out there e-mailing to acquire birth date for EVERY new access point being produced?

This seems excessive to me.

What do people think?

Thank you much

--