From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ehlert, Mark K.
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 20:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] 667 "Dance Heritage Coalition" note

Having come across two duplicate authority records, I'm now at the copy data-and-report stage.  The record to be deleted includes this 667 field: "Data contributed by the Dance Heritage Coalition for the New York Public Library Dance Collection."  This is my first time transferring data between records that include this kind of note.  I'm considering moving it to the retained record and adding "Some..." to its head, as the note will only apply to one 670 field in a record that includes four others.  Or, alternatively, shifting the note down to the relevant 670 $b.

But before I go any further, is there a policy or best practice for handling 667 notes of this sort in a merge record situation?

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library
Cataloging and Metadata        University of St. Thomas

Verona," Act I, Scene iii

[University of St. Thomas : All for the Common Good]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.stthomas.edu_e&d=DwMFAg&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=O9-UIVab7e9YxpBphmOmeEQruoCpRWXNPKDBg9tfb88&m=Ouj0tZfa-EgJg8PVNn0xAHLycA7swe1fzJqVZiIPOrA&s=fMlBLNZuxdu-yp2T20ec_4EbkAm6STMOqYSJmqEK5J4&e=>