I believe what John Hostage was originally getting at is:  should this AAP
have been changed?

I think the answer is:  No, unless you think the qualifier used was
incorrect or misleading, because the string is in valid RDA form.  The
LC/PCC practice is to "generally" not change valid RDA AAPs.

The RDA 9.19.1.1 PS:

----
LC practice/PCC practice: Generally, do not change the authorized access
point in an existing authority record coded "rda" that is fully established
unless one or more of these conditions applies:

1. a date of death is added to an authorized access point that has an open
date of birth, or a date of birth is added to an authorized access point
that has only a date of death

2. the authorized access point must be changed to break a conflict with
another authorized access point

3. an error in the authorized access point must be corrected (e.g., "1979-"
instead of "1970-")

4. a person has requested a change to their authorized access point that
can be accommodated by current cataloging instructions

5. there has been a change in cataloging instructions affecting the
authorized access point.

On rare occasions, a person requests that the formulation of their
authorized access point be changed (e.g., to remove a date of birth or a
fuller form of name). LC and PCC should attempt to honor such requests by
changing the appropriate fields in the record, and indicate in a note that
the person's preference has been followed.
----

If someone thought the qualifier was misleading, they should have included
the former AAP as an 4xx cross reference with $w nne when they created a
new AAP (with correct punctuation).

Robert

--

Robert Bratton