Dear Colleagues :

Hi -- as the NACO Coordinator at the PCC institution in question here, New York University, I apologize for what many apparently feel
is unnecessary information added to these Name Authority Records.
Where necessary, I will take responsibility for removing these 670 references.

I recently attended a lecture by a thought leader from the Coalition for Networked Information, Clifford Lynch. During the question section, when asked about how
library authority files and identity management systems are likely to develop in future, Lynch responded was that our files seem likely to become deeper, and more representative
of the Entities they describe. I responded that with the transition to RDA NACO, and the addition of numerous attribute and relationship fields,
this transition within LC/NAF, VIAF, etc. is currently underway.

Rather than "judgmental characterizations" the 670s added in these cases reflect the actions these individuals have chosen to pursue and the consequences our moment in history
has meted out for such horrid, reprehensible behavior.

As such, I believe these 670s add a more complete description of the Entity in question in addition to reflecting the significance of today's "Time's up" moment. But that's my two cents.
NYU will follow up and remove these 670 citations this week.

respectfully,
Everett Allgood