Hello fellow Library Agile enthusiasts. I wanted to update you on our progress in Agile adoption at the library, as well as inform you of some changes moving forward.

We started adopting many of the Agile principles over 8 years ago, but it has been only in the last 2 years that OCIO has begun formalizing our approach and processes. Since that time, we have conducted many Agile training sessions, created an Agile information sharing portal ( https://staff.loc.gov/resources/display/AT/Agile+at+the+Library ) , integrated Agile into our PMLC and SDLC processes and set up the Agile list serve (  [log in to unmask] )

As with any major transitions like this, there have been some bumps in the road, but overall, we have seen a rapid adoption of Agile. We are delivering business value more quickly as we execute on our projects.

Moving forward, we will be combining the monthly Agile Community of Practice meeting into the monthly PMO Collaborative meetings. This will not only reduce our overall meeting load, there is a large overlap between the PMO processes and our Agile methodologies. We will likely have a recurring Agile section during the PM Collaborative. I will cancel today Agile Community of Practice meetings. We will provide more information on this moving forward to the Agile list serve.

PMO Collaboration Site - https://staff.loc.gov/resources/display/PMO/Project+Management+Office+Home

PM Collaborative Info - https://staff.loc.gov/resources/display/PMO/PM+Collaborative

Mike Nibeck

Software Engineering Manager