Hi!

Just to clarify two things:

OPAC (acronym originally for Online Public Access Computer, now used
generally for library database search interface) isn't a single
entity.....there are several proprietary OPACs, each programmed separately
and none exactly the same. With programming knowledge or an understanding
of configuring the software, the "natural language" display info is fairly
customizable, too. If you are familiar with basic programming, they are all
simple "if...then..." commands.

Also, 007 data isn't typically "displayed." In theory it is intended to be
used for indexing and findability, and would certainly be useful for
display, but has never actually been used to it's fullest intention and
potential.

A program could be written to do what you need, but it hasn't really ever
truly been done well or maintained long-term.

If I were a software programmer myself, I would have done it myself
already! It's on my list of things to learn to do eventually when I
suddenly have an excess of free time.

The suggestion of OpenRefine may be your best bet if you are willing to
spend the time to transform each field and subfield to what you want.

That 007 especially....I would looooove to see that happen the way it's
supposed to.

Michelle K. Hahn
Assistant Librarian, Sound Recordings Cataloger
Cook Music Library
Indiana University
MLA Newsletter Editor
MOUG Social Media Coordinator