CAMMS/LITA/ALCTS Authority Control Interest Group at the 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Denver, meets on Sunday, February 11, from 2:30 to 4:00 pm, Colorado Convention Center, Rm 203/205.

Due to the federal funding by continuing resolution expiring on Feb. 8, Janis Young is unable to travel to participate in Midwinter. Nancy Lorimer from Stanford University has kindly agreed to present to ACIG.  Here is the updated program

Nancy Lorimer, Stanford University

Nancy will speak about work of the PCC Task Group on URIs in MARC.

Amber Billey, Bard College
Nancy Sack, University of Hawaii at Manoa

Amber Billey and Nancy Sack will discuss the background of and the Report of the PCC Ad Hoc Task Group on Gender in Name Authority Records.

Violet Fox
The Gestalt of Authority Work: Making Sense of Identity Management

As authority work moves further from the core idea of formulating unique headings for use in bibliographic-central catalogs, we lack an organizing principle which defines the rationale behind our policies and procedures. The extent of our technological capabilities are defining the scope of our records without a manifest understanding of why we are creating those records. This presentation will explore examples of the ethical challenges that face us in identity management, and suggest ways the library community can move forward with clarity.

Authority Control Interest Group
Beth Shoemaker, Emory University
Violet Fox
Roman Panchyshyn, Kent State University
Susan C. Wynn, University of Iowa

Join the members of the Authority Control Interest Group and organizers of the CaMMS Forum for a brainstorming session on ethical issues in authority control. Bring your ideas, comments, concerns.

Martha Rice Sanders, MSLS - Senior Consultant, Massachusetts
Innovative Interfaces
phone: 510-496-3813
www.iii.com<http://www.iii.com/>