This message has been cross-posted. Please excuse any duplication.
Check out these free, educational webinars from the U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO) taking place this February.
· govinfo - GPO’s Official System for Providing Free Public Access to U.S. Government Information, https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/375-govinfo-gpo-s-official-system-for-providing-free-public-access-to-u-s-government-information, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EST)
· Using Government Data to Write a Book about Government Data, https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/370-webinar-using-government-data-to-write-a-book-about-government-data, Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EST)
· VA Appeals – The Legacy And The New Process, https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/380-webinar-va-appeals-the-legacy-and-the-new-process, Thursday, February 15, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EST)
· Get A Handle On Debt Boot Camp: An On-The-Go Resource For Debt Management, https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/372-get-a-handle-on-debt-boot-camp-an-on-the-go-resource-for-debt-management, Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EST)
· Science Cinema: A Little-known Resource for Students and Teachers, https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/373-science-cinema-a-little-known-resource-for-students-and-teachers, Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EST)
· Librarian’s Guide to Trade Data, Part 8: U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics and U.S. Customs and Border Protection, https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/374-librarian-s-guide-to-trade-data-part-8-u-s-bureau-of-transportation-statistics-and-u-s-customs-and-border-protection, Thursday, February 22, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EST)
· Disaster Preparedness: Water Damage & Mold, https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/378-disaster-preparedness-water-damage-mold, Monday, February 26, 2018, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. (EST)
And please join GPO for an FDLP Virtual Meeting focused on Regional issues, https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/356-meeting-of-regional-depository-libraries-you-are-invited, Thursday, February 8, 2018, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. (EST). Staff from both regional and selective libraries are invited to attend this meeting. Updates will be presented by GPO staff, followed by a question and answer period on the following topics:
· Preservation Stewards and other GPO partnerships
· GPO on the Go, visiting regionals
· Biennial Survey results, focused on regional data
· The Regional Discard Policy & the FDLP eXchange
· Models for Shared Regionals
· Title 44 modernization
Attendees will receive a Certificate of Participation from GPO for each webinar they attend. Closed captioning is available for all webinars. Registrants will be sent access information upon registering.
View our complete archive of recorded webinars and webcasts: http://login.icohere.com/public/topics.cfm?cseq=1172. All are encouraged to share and re-post information about these free training opportunities.
Jaime Hays | Outreach Librarian | Library Services & Content Management | ph 202.512.1952 | mb 202.394.5905
GPO | OFFICIAL | DIGITAL | SECURE 732 North Capitol Street, NW, Washington, DC 20401