Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, March 7th from 2:00 to 3:15 pm for a training session entitled "Introduction to govinfo.gov," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

This session will provide an overview of GPO’s system for providing the public with free access to U.S. Government information, govinfo. As the eventual replacement of GPO’s Federal Digital System (FDsys), govinfo is your one stop shop for information from all three branches of the Federal Government. This site provides researchers with more than a million federal government publications.  It allows users to search for documents and publications using advanced search capabilities; browse for documents and publications alphabetically, by category, by Congressional committee, and by date; access metadata about documents and publications in standard XML formats; and, download documents and publications in multiple file formats. A GPO trainer will review the latest features and resources available and the timeline for retiring FDsys.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the DOI Library is located in Room 1151 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building, just off the C Street entrance lobby. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also register at https://www.doi.gov/library/training-sessions-registration-form.

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.   However, please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at library@ios.doi.gov for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on March 7th.

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]oi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3796