From: Center for the Book state centers communication [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lamolinara, Guy
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2018 9:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: May 9 Idea Exchange

Dear Center for the Book Affiliates and Other Participants,

Attached is the agenda for the Wednesday, May 9, Idea Exchange for Center for the Book affiliated centers. The date was chosen because it immediately follows ALA Library Legislative Days on May 7-8.

Also on May 9, the annual Washington meeting of COSLA (Chief Officers of State Library Agencies) will meet at the Library in another location. They will join us during our reception that evening. It will be an opportunity to meet some of your state library representatives.

During the May 9 meeting we will welcome a new partner, Hans Kellogg, of the Drawn to Reading project, as well as a familiar partner that has not been with us for a while, River of Words, with Maureen Esty of St. Mary’s College in Moraga, Calif. Maureen is the new coordinator for River of Words in the Center for Environmental Literacy.

Karen Kenton, acting director of the Office of Federal/State Partnership at the National Endowment for the Humanities, will conduct a workshop on fundraising. Karen has served as a senior program officer in NEH’s Division of Public Programs since 2011.

On Thursday, May 10, we will hold our annual partners meeting in the form of a conference on literacy. An agenda for this day will come to you soon, and you are all invited to attend. The reading and literacy promotion partners of the Center for the Book will be in attendance, as will some members of the Advisory Board of the Library of Congress Literacy Awards and other literacy professionals.

We will soon have information for state centers regarding financial assistance and on hotel rates.

We look forward to seeing you in May and to a very productive meeting. Please come armed with lots of ideas!

Guy Lamolinara

Communications Officer

Center for the Book

Library of Congress